Skip to main content

A new plan.....

   

  Sometimes life just amazes me. No, wait.....the role that God has taken in my life amazes me. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you realize.....your on the wrong track. Time out, regroup and start something new. This happens to me all the time. So much in fact, that I have just thrown my hands up in the air and said " whatever you want God" . This has created such a freedom in my life....more so inside my head than anything else, out the window are my fears, and stresses and worries. I wake up each day, and watch what God has planned for me that day. I sound like one of those woman that show up at your front door with a bible and a piece of paper to explain to you how to get Heaven....lol. I am not that lady. I am just in shock still I guess. This feeling......that I have heard about my whole life.....is actually real . 

    As summer creeps in and winter walks away, I see how beautiful this earth is. Everything is so green, the flowers are coming up all over the place, the bees are out and all the babies are being born. This time of year is such a great reminder of being reborn. All winter everything and everyone had been hibernating, sleeping, inside, and quiet. Over the last few weeks the world has come alive, its turning green and full of color, everyone is out working hard and creating beauty, the animals are multiplying and the children ( at least mine) are so much louder! I feel bad for our neighbors ....lol....my kids are sooooo loud. This summer I believe is going to be a big one for us here at Verbena. So far, there are lots of changes being made, and steps in a direction that I can only say God has 100% created for us. None of what's happening now, was our plan. literally none of it. However, its exactly what we needed. I am just walking along this path that is being paved right before my each step, and I'm blown away daily. 

    I am so excited to share this journey with all the people that have been coming into our lives lately. Each and every one of them mean so much to us and we are so happy to share our love with our community. 

Photo description:

        Willow and Juniper make their way into our hearts today along with Matilda who is not pictured. These little ladies are the beginning chapter of our goat farm. We are hoping to soon breed, take part in a Goat Share program for anyone interested in fresh goats milk and goats cheese,  along with my personal favorite....goats milk soaps and lotions. This journey should be interesting! 

~Cheers

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little Bolitho in me

       Its Saturday evening. The sun is setting as the snow clouds start to roll in. A winter storm is on the horizon, and I couldn't be more excited to spend my day tomorrow sitting by the fire watching the snow fall. I have come to realize that I am like no one I know. ...other than my mother. She always tells me" it's the Bolitho in me." The Bolitho clan is originally from England. This is my mothers side of our family. Her and her sister and two brothers are without a doubt like no other people I have ever met in my life. If you can picture....Off grid Alaska people, with a splash of Hilton Head style and  Old English manners. That's the best I can do to describe them all. My Uncles will live weeks in the woods, in a tent, or in the backseat of their trucks, under a tree or even in a tree for that matter. Rough and Tough without any question. Their voices are deep and masculine and full of wisdom. Yet, they create the most beautiful things.  Their homes, built

A Kitchen Table ramble

 I sit here at my kitchen table, listening to a podcast called "The Bible in a year". I am on day 13 there. While I have some sort of an idea of what I'm hearing....I sure wish the Bible was in a language I can easily understand. I mean, why cant it just say " hey man, you didn't follow my rules, so now your gonna get it" ? The same way most parents speak to their children. Now that, I would have no problem understanding. While I do my best to listen, I am thinking of my kitchen table. Its large, sits 10 people. This table has seen so much. Most of my life is spent here in this kitchen, based around this table. If this table could talk it would have enough stories to fill a book twice the size of the Bible. There's a good book idea....the life of the kitchen table. Our large group of friends that we have developed over the years of living here.....we all sit at this table. Even though I have many couches and chairs....I mean seriously, a lot of them in m

The Beauty of Home

Good Morning from Opie and Finn My sweet little chicken coop          Good Morning all. We awake today to fresh blanket of snow. Obviously this is beyond joyous to me. Nothing better than a fresh snow to start the day. I am so thankful for this beautiful day. I have a huge pile of work to manage through today, along with a huge pile of laundry..... I plan on working by the fire for the day, with some sort of stew on the stove. Sounds like a picture perfect day right? Don't be fooled.....Its only 9:30am.....my plans will be crushed I am sure shortly. I often wonder what life is like for those that can snuggle on the couch and binge watch Netflix all day.....like, do they not have house work to do? no cooking to be done? no chores that have to be done or else an animal will die? I cant understand that life. My life never stops...there is never time to do any mindless activity for a whole day. I cant say that I feel like I am missing out on anything.....My life brings me so much joy..