Skip to main content

The world today, according to me ..


         What a crap shoot.  seriously. I don't care who you voted for. I don't care who you support...No matter what side your on, this is terrible. Here is what I have to say..


                Habakkuk said " Lord please tell me what you're doing" and God said, " No, I'm not going to tell you. Because if I told you what I was doing you wouldn't believe it"


                   If God today told us what He's doing in the world , we wouldn't believe it. Don't you think God's given up, and Gods abdicated, and Gods left his throne. .... Well, He hasn't.  He's still on the throne. And those of us that know Him put our trust in Him and Him alone. I don't put my trust in Washington, or the United Nations, or the Presidents or even money. I put my trust in God himself. We all need to put our trust in Lord Jesus Christ. 

When all the rest of it fails, and crumbles and shatters down....He will still be there. 


I have basically removed myself from the world, other than this blog and my cute little Instagram page. And, honestly its not bad. I spend my days baking bread, kissing animals, and taking care of my family. While the world is burning, we as a family are thriving. weird isn't it? how something good can come out of all this bad... I'm glad it does, because at least we all know that it isn't going to be bad forever, and something good will always happen. 

Peace be with you all......and for the love of God, Don't talk to any weirdo's...( wisdom from my mother)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Home

Good Morning from Opie and Finn My sweet little chicken coop          Good Morning all. We awake today to fresh blanket of snow. Obviously this is beyond joyous to me. Nothing better than a fresh snow to start the day. I am so thankful for this beautiful day. I have a huge pile of work to manage through today, along with a huge pile of laundry..... I plan on working by the fire for the day, with some sort of stew on the stove. Sounds like a picture perfect day right? Don't be fooled.....Its only 9:30am.....my plans will be crushed I am sure shortly. I often wonder what life is like for those that can snuggle on the couch and binge watch Netflix all day.....like, do they not have house work to do? no cooking to be done? no chores that have to be done or else an animal will die? I cant understand that life. My life never stops...there is never time to do any mindless activity for a whole day. I cant say that I feel like I am missing out on anything.....My life brings me so much joy..

A little Bolitho in me

       Its Saturday evening. The sun is setting as the snow clouds start to roll in. A winter storm is on the horizon, and I couldn't be more excited to spend my day tomorrow sitting by the fire watching the snow fall. I have come to realize that I am like no one I know. ...other than my mother. She always tells me" it's the Bolitho in me." The Bolitho clan is originally from England. This is my mothers side of our family. Her and her sister and two brothers are without a doubt like no other people I have ever met in my life. If you can picture....Off grid Alaska people, with a splash of Hilton Head style and  Old English manners. That's the best I can do to describe them all. My Uncles will live weeks in the woods, in a tent, or in the backseat of their trucks, under a tree or even in a tree for that matter. Rough and Tough without any question. Their voices are deep and masculine and full of wisdom. Yet, they create the most beautiful things.  Their homes, built

A Kitchen Table ramble

 I sit here at my kitchen table, listening to a podcast called "The Bible in a year". I am on day 13 there. While I have some sort of an idea of what I'm hearing....I sure wish the Bible was in a language I can easily understand. I mean, why cant it just say " hey man, you didn't follow my rules, so now your gonna get it" ? The same way most parents speak to their children. Now that, I would have no problem understanding. While I do my best to listen, I am thinking of my kitchen table. Its large, sits 10 people. This table has seen so much. Most of my life is spent here in this kitchen, based around this table. If this table could talk it would have enough stories to fill a book twice the size of the Bible. There's a good book idea....the life of the kitchen table. Our large group of friends that we have developed over the years of living here.....we all sit at this table. Even though I have many couches and chairs....I mean seriously, a lot of them in m